Saturday 18 May 2013

The eve before the 8 day challenge!!

Tomorrow I am going to run in Bognor's 10k road race and although this should be a nice run to do the fact that 8 days later I will be in London about to run the Bupa 10,000 suggests that this is going to be a tough week or so. 

I don't feel ready for tomorrows race at all. I have been hampered by injury over the last few weeks meaning I have not been able to put in the training. Damaging my quads playing stoolball resulted in a whole week of no running at the time I should have been upping my distance. Instead I have managed shorter, faster runs. I hope this is enough to see me around the course on the hour mark. I am hoping I can achieve a quicker time next week in London. 

Tomorrow I will be wearing a Chestnut Tree House vest in support of a local children's charity who are endeavouring to break a world record for the most runners in one event. Next week I will run for Arthritis Research UK, the charity I am fundraising for and I will run each and every step for my cousin, Annette. 

Wish me luck all and even better donate to my JUST GIVING PAGE! Thank you! :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment